Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Course
‘Mindfulness means paying attention in a particular way: on purpose, in the present moment and non-judgmentally.’ – Dr Jon Kabat-Zinn
An eight week course for developing new ways to respond to life’s challenges. Learn simple meditation techniques which you can apply in daily life. A clinically proven programme used world¬wide for over 30 years. Not affiliated with any religious or spiritual groups Based on the program founded by Jon Kabt-Zinn
Mindfulness can assist with:
- Difficult emotions
- Health issues e.g. headaches, insomnia, chronic pain
Extensive published research has shown the course can help you:
- Develop an increased ability to relax
- Cope more effectively with stressful situations
- Find increased energy and appreciation for life
- Lower pain levels
- Increase your capacity for coping with chronic pain
- Improve immune functioning
- Improve self-esteem and resilience
- Increase concentration, clarity and creative thinking
What the course includes:
- Individual 30 minute pre group interview
- 2 ½ hour class once a week for eight weeks
- Mindfulness meditation, yoga and Tai Chi
- Brief lectures and group discussion
- One full silent retreat day of guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Email or phone support
- CDs and manual
Topics covered include:
- Integrating mindfulness into daily life
- Dealing with difficult emotions
- The physiology of stress and how mindfulness helps the stress response
- The relationship between thoughts and stress
- Applying mindfulness to interpersonal relationships
- Body awareness
- How to establish and maintain a regular practice
- Using the breath to center and stabilise yourself
Where: Livingstone Community Centre in Ivanhoe, Melbourne www.livingstone.org.au/
To fully benefit from the program you must be willing to make a commitment to attend all classes and practise daily for the eight weeks. The course has been running since 2008 and is taught by two highly experienced facilitators with over 55 years of meditation practice between them.
When: Next course begins on 12 October 2017.
Course times are 6.30 pm – 9.00 pm on eight consecutive Thursday evenings, as well as a full retreat day.
Cost: $595 (concessions available for full time students and health care card holders) – includes 8 weekly sessions and one full-day retreat, CDs and manual
Individual Introductory Sessions
As an initial step toward enrolment in the MBSR course, an individual session is conducted for prospective participants. This session provides an opportunity to:
- Find out more about the program
- Explore whether the course is right for you at this time
- Answer any questions or concerns you may have about the course
- Explain the course commitments, including the daily mindfulness practice
For more information and to book your individual free introductory session, please contact
Michelle Morris: Phone: 03 9499 1585
Or email Michelle through the contact form
Mindfulness Nature Retreats with Anja Tanhane
In 2017 and 2018, Anja will again be offering regular Mindfulness Nature retreats at Clearview Retreat Centre, overlooking the beautiful King Parrot valley.
You can find more information at:
The retreats will include mindful nature walks, Tai Chi, mindfulness meditations and discussions, as well as times to simply relax and enjoy the beautiful surroundings. It is suitable for beginners, as well as for more experienced meditators who would like to deepen their meditation practice. The retreat will provide ideas and resources for integrating mindfulness into daily life, to develop resilience and learn how to deal more effectively with stress.
15 – 17 September 2017
10 – 12 November 2017.
9-13 March 2018 (4 day deepening mindfulness retreat)
8- 11 June 2017 (3 day deepening mindfulness retreat)
14-16 September 2018
16 – 18 November 2018.
7pm Friday until 3pm Sunday(2 day)/Monday (3 day retreat) Tuesday ( 4 day retreat).
Price includes program, accommodation & food & varies with level of accommodation
Photo: View from Clearview Retreat